Pupil Premium & Covid Catch Up Strategy
The Pupil Premium is funding allocated to Coombe Wood School.
It is strongly recommended that families check to see whether they are eligible for free school meals and if they are, they should contact the Coombe Wood School office. For more information to see if you may be eligible, please click here.
At Coombe Wood School we know that some of our students who are sometimes disadvantaged or vulnerable do not qualify or may not be registered for free school meals. We also know that some of our students who do receive free school meals are not as disadvantaged as others. Our mission statement reminds us that we are:
'Displaying and developing the human values of teamwork, respect, enjoyment, discipline and sportsmanship in our daily lives, as we journey together towards discovering and reaching our true personal bests.'
We therefore allocate the Pupil Premium funding to those students who, through our monitoring and pastoral systems, are known to be vulnerable or identified as a priority by the school's tracking processes and pastoral systems.
Further details about Pupil Premium funding can be found here.
At Coombe Wood School we are using Pupil Premium funding for a variety of purposes, examples are:
• Homework Club
• Breakfast and Lunch provision
• Personal hygiene provision
• Year 6 to 7 transition programme
• Metacognition and self-regulation sessions
• Sporting and House competition organisation/costs
• Assistance towards school trips and sports
• Individual Health Related Fitness support
• Purchasing relevant academic support materials
• Purchasing relevant ICT equipment
• Uniform purchasing assistance
• Sports kit purchasing assistance
• Extra leadership presence at key times and in key areas of the school – duties, cover lessons, lesson changeovers and lesson tours to support student engagement and well-being
Please click here to see how the Covid Catch-Up funding has been appropriately spent at CWS.